Wonderful Citrus is seeking Trainers in our Delano,CA location. Responsible for the orientation and training of all packinghouse staff, including and not limited to safety, food safety, equipment operation and lean concepts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Guides and trains plant personnel
- Facilitate safety trainings and equipment certifications (i.e. Forklift, etc.)
- Ability to prioritize job tasks and duties
- Oversee hands-on development of forklift drivers
- Trains on safety and accident prevention
- Ability to understand safety issues and OSHA regulations
- Able to support safety initiatives
- Ability to coach others and be coached by peers
- Manage and maintain in-house training facilities and equipment.
- Work closely with all departments to ensure forklift needs are meet.
- Ability to present trainings and organize related documents
- Maintain safety and training records in Traincaster (LMS)
- Assist Operations with a variety of tasks and projects on an as needed basis.
- Ability to train plant personnel in lean concepts and other processes (i.e. Learning Map)
- Must be self-motivated who can work independently with little supervision
Candidates must meet the following:
- High School Diploma required, AA/AS Degree preferred
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in production environment and safety.
- Proficiency in computer usage, email, MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook)
- Knowledgeable in the application of OSHA regulations.
- Experience facilitating equipment training (i.e. Forklift, Aerial Lift). A plus but not required.
- Experience in administering personnel policies and procedures.
- Experience and understanding of Lean concepts
- Must project a positive and professional image.
- Must be flexible to work different shifts due to production requirements
- Must feel comfortable conducting meetings with large groups
- Bilingual Spanish/English required
- Able to make decisions within scope of the job.
- Be readily receptive of additional training for the broadening of skills.
- Must have working knowledge of the packinghouse operations.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedures manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and climb or balance and is occasionally required to maintain three points of contact and body balance while ascending or descending stairs, and to maintain body equilibrium while bending at the waist or at the knees. The employee must occasionally lift, push, pull and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee is routinely required to reach with hands and arms; work with the hand or hands in handling, grabbing, holding, or grasping motions and with the fingers in, picking and pinching actions. Employee will be subject to repetitive motion of arms, wrists, hands, and fingers. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Employees are encouraged to participate in the pre-shift warm ups and wellness walks
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is excessive most of the time.
Work environment may be subject to climate conditions. Environment may be wet and can consist of extreme temperature variations. Employees will be required to adhere to general safety and food safety and GMP protocols. Employee s must adhere to the dress code. This position consistently works with and around moving parts. Attention to surroundings is crucial as it is a very busy production/manufacturing environment with a lot of forklift traffic in the production area.