Advanced Industrial Services
Inspects work areas and equipment to ensure compliance with company, state, and federal safety policies and regulations. Responsibilities also include documenting safety inspections, citing dangerous areas/procedures and recommending corrective procedures, and maintaining safety equipment supply and availability. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the company and our respected clients. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job and works under supervision. Attends associated client safety meetings/forums to provide company representation and assure compliance with updated guidelines, as well as, to develop and build relationships with client safety representatives. Assists Safety Manager to ensure projects are completed with the main emphasis of being incident free.
Safety Consultant – Management Level
Posted: Jul 24, 2017
- Implement, execute, ensure compliance with client HSE policies and procedures, and all federal, state, and local OSHA/EPA/DOT regulations (i.e. Lockout, Haz Com, Machine Safety, SARA, RCRA, etc.)
- Serves as single point of contact for assigned sites for critical incident management and regulatory agency audits/inspections.
- Lead the development and implementation of the HSE Action Plans for the region
- Track and maintain annual targets rates for Lost Time, Recordable, Severity, and Environmental
- Support site safety audits / assessments / inspections for assigned sites to ensure compliance with regulations and company EHS programs
- Develop, implement, execute, and manage strategies to prevent workplace injuries, environmental incidents, and vehicle accidents
- Demonstrate solid employee relations experience, interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
- Display strong problem solving, organizational and analytical skills
- Demonstrate professional maturity and ability to act as a change leader by influencing all levels of the organization to drive continuous improvement in safety performance
- Supports and facilitates training, root cause analysis, incident investigation and regulatory advisement to internal customers within assigned sites.
- Perform risk assessments and assist in the implementation of effective physical and/ or behavioral control measures and corrective action solutions for assigned sites. Recognize and verify the effectiveness of in-place control measures
- Identify unsafe equipment operation and conditions while demonstrating knowledge of appropriate corrective action for unsafe conditions or equipment use
- Exercise a leadership, coordination, and communication role with the location leadership to drive continuous HSE improvement across the location
- Complete root cause analyses and develop corrective action plans to address root basic causes
- Prepare training material and conduct HSE education programs for assigned sites
Safety Consultant – Mid Level
Posted: Jul 24, 2017
Duties and Responsibilities
- Program development and oversight, developing, monitoring and providing necessary SME support ensuring all aspects of the health and safety program are implemented and in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Education and awareness, ensuring company requirements and applicable regulations are understood by employees, and developing and implementing training programs, as needed.
- Auditing, identifying trends, addressing deviations and measuring overall program performance.
- Research, ensuring applicable regulations are understood and monitoring for change that impacts the business, requiring action.
- Government Inspections, interfacing and following up with outside agencies during planned/unplanned inspections, investigations and inquires.
Safety Consultant – Entry Level
Posted: Jul 24, 2017
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct safety observations and safety inspections throughout all areas of operation and provide appropriate safety recommendations.
- Perform daily “safety walk-throughs” and perform job hazard analysis of various work practices and recommend training, controls, and PPE to mitigate possible hazards.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local regulations, safety policies, and best industry practices.
- Provide technical support to management and personnel regarding OSHA regulations, state environmental regulations, and federal DOT regulations.
- Assist in scheduling and conducting safety trainings and monthly supervisor meetings.
- Ensure required regulatory training is conducted, documented, and attendance records maintained for all employees.
- Responsible for accurate completion and submission of all incident reporting and investigations.
- Authorize treatment for injured employees, and transport employee to receive medical treatment when necessary.
- Keep management and supervisors informed on employee work status after they receive initial medical treatment.
- Assist in maintaining and updating HMBP plans and SDS records for farming, cold storage, and winery.
- Assist in implementing IIPP compliance.
- Direct and assist employees in HR functions, such as, benefit or leaves of absence inquiries.
Health and Safety Specialist
Posted: Jul 19, 2017
Puget Sound Energy’s Safety Department is looking for a Health and Safety Specialist to join our team!
The safety and health of our employees is of vital importance to everyone in our organization. We are seeking a highly motivated safety professional who is driven to improve the safety performance of our teams in all areas of our business. The ideal candidate will build collaborative relationships with employees and supervisors alike while working with a variety of groups such as power generation, transmission of gas and electricity, customer support personnel, and a variety of office based staff. This person will serve as a Health and Safety Specialist over a geographic area, therefore some travel is required. The Health and Safety Specialist will be part of a team of safety professionals working together to create positive change for all of PSE’s employees and contractors as needed.