The Manager, EHS will support the effort in bringing World Class EHS to The Wonderful Company by providing innovative EHS programs, tools and ideas to protect our people and the environment in which we operate.
Here’s what you’ll do
- Provide technical expertise in in the area of EHS; provide consultation and technical assistance to multiple companies and locations.
- Trains, mentors, and coach’s business partners as well as monitoring site practices and conditions.
- Support the development, communication, implementation of the Safety Culture Change Process for The Wonderful Company.
- Provide guidance, training and mentorship to ensure the professional development of internal resources.
- Interfaces with regulatory agencies and outside vendors as necessary to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Track and provide insight into common issues, trends, problems, and opportunities to reduce incidents.
- Identifies and implements best practices within EHS.
- Participates on internal assessment team; assist operations in addressing assessment recommendations.
- Assist in the development of EHS Learning & Development Training curriculum.
- Maintain knowledge of all applicable corporate, federal, state and local regulatory requirements.
- Remain informed on developing regulatory requirements, particularly on a state and local level; identify potential impact to The Wonderful Company and its companies.
- Review internal EHS policies and practices to ensure they are current and appropriate.
Here’s what you’ll bring to the table
Requirements and Minimum Education Level
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Safety, Environmental Engineering or related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant EH&S experience managing multiple locations
- Extensive experience in the development and implementation of Electrical Safety, Machine Guarding and Lockout Tagout Programs.
- Thorough knowledge EH&S Safety Management Systems such as OHSAS 18001, OSHA’s VPP, ISO 14000 and their implementation.
- Has previous experience in developing and assessing companies against a EH&S Management Systems.
- Demonstrate leadership and interpersonal skills along with ability to influence and/or persuade others.
- Ability to understand and interpret written material, including technical information, rules, regulations, agency rules, executive orders and laws; conduct tests and inspect work areas, machinery, equipment and working conditions for compliance with occupational safety, environmental and security regulations.
- Requires the ability to wear personal protective equipment (PPE); meet physical demands of position such as walking, standing, lifting up to 40 pounds, climbing ladders and stairs, bending, squatting, and crawling in tight spaces to safely access work sites.
- Requires a sound knowledge of relevant federal regulations for industry: OSHA, EPS, DOT, NFPA, etc.
- Excellent problem solving techniques and quantitative analytical skills.
- Ability to travel approximately 30%
Desirable Qualifications Experience
- Designation as a Certified Safety Professional (CSP) by the Board of Certified Safety Professionals, Certified Safety & Health Manager (CSHM), by the Institute of Safety & Health Management, or possession of other applicable certification.
- Development of EHS Training Curriculum
- Project Management skills
- Demonstrated ability to be able to communicate at all levels of organization.
- Facilitative management skills
- Bi-Lingual (English/Spanish)
- Requires leadership and interpersonal skills necessary to be effective with a wide range of personnel; ability to work effectively in teams and independently.
- Requires a working knowledge of budget preparation and management.
- Must have excellent organizational, verbal and written communications skills.