Imagine…working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
The EH&S Manager is responsible for the compliance of the organization’s environment, health, safety plan and designs and implements projects specific to health and safety.
- Conduct site audits, evaluate the plant’s compliance with safety and environmental regulations and identify areas of improvements
- Create and manage budgets for health and safety including safety equipment, consulting, and etc.
- Lead investigations on safety non-compliance incidents and provide urgent response to operational issues
- Develop and deliver robust Safety training process to manufacturing site
- Provide project support for corporate health and safety initiatives
- Manage the plants OSHA regulatory reporting and record keeping requirements
- Assist with worker’s compensation claims, modified duty program, leave processes, and the safety team in all areas
- Proactively engage in coaching, feedback and professional development to all subordinates
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Read, write and communicate in English as it relates to the job and the safety regulations
- Extensive knowledge of Federal and State-specific OSHA and EPA regulations
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees from hourly workers to corporate executives
- Meet the company performance standards for the job
- Outstanding analytical, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Provide strategic and visionary leadership to develop a culture that is driven to improve risk reduction and safe behaviors
- Complete mandatory drug, medical and physical testing
- Participate in company orientation and training to ensure all employees are aware and comply with the regulations
- Ability to multi- task and adjust to changing schedules, maintain organization and flexible attitude
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, establish and maintain effective relationships with employees / departments
- Bachelor’s Degree Safety / Environmental / Safety Science / Engineering or related areas of education
- Valid current State Driver’s License
- Experience in implementing safety programs in manufacturing
- Proficient in MS Office, E-Mail and Internet functions
- Ability to guide, direct and motivate employees and organize and supervise various safety training activities
- 3-5 years in a health and safety role, OSHA experience, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- OSHA 30 Certificate
- Bilingual (Spanish / English)
- Must be able to climb, bend and stretch
- Exposure to extreme heat and cold storage environment
- Prolonged standing and walking
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
HOURS & WORKDAY:
1st shift (8am – 5:00pm), Monday through Friday, when business requires overtime and weekends will be mandatory
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.