The Safety Manager provides technical safety and health support to productions and corporate personnel. They develop safety programs and objectives and coordinate safety training programs. This person will monitor safety and health regulations and provide technical support to plant and corporate personnel to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE SAFETY MANAGER:
- Review departments for compliance to current OSHA procedures and notify department managers of corrective actions required (if any).
- Supports corporate/plant engineering to implement engineering controls to minimize safety and occupational health hazards.
- Promotes safety and health awareness through internal company memoranda, newsletters and specific training programs.
- Assists as necessary in implementation of a hazard communication program and preparation of reports.
- Understands federal and state occupational safety and health regulations and monitors regulatory changes as they occur.
- Provides technical support to corporate and plant personnel to ensure compliance with applicable occupational safety and health regulations.
- Manage customer required authorization groups ( example ISNetworld)
- Monitors lost-time injuries/illnesses and worker’s compensation claims.
- Reviews injury/illness and non-injury incident investigation reports and follows up as necessary.
JOB REQUIREMENTS OF THE SAFETY MANAGER:
- 5+ years of experience in a professional safety/EHS role
- Bachelor’s degree in safety science, engineering or related discipline preferred
- Knowledge of chemical manufacturing operations preferred
- Certified safety professional (CSP) preferred, not required
For inquiries or more information, email Rfrank@cfstaffing.com or call (661) 833-5161.