Sierra Pacific Industries started in 1949 with one sawmill in Humboldt, CA. Since that time, we have grown to be one of the largest lumber and millwork producer in the U.S., employing nearly 5,000 crew members. Sierra Pacific continues to be a company where its employees are proud to work at state-of-the-art facilities and others strive to become part of the team.
Sierra Pacific Industries is seeking a qualified Human Resources/Safety Coordinator to work collaboratively with our Chinese Camp division team.
- Manage the recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and new employee orientation processes
- Represent the Company in job fairs and foster relationships with schools and recruitment sources
- Full responsibility for mill payroll and payroll processes
- Communicate and administer Company benefit plans
- Manage Human Resources functions for hourly personnel
- Manage Safety programs, accident and injury prevention, and regulatory compliance
- Work closely with Mill Manager, Superintendent, and Supervisors for effective HR and Safety programs
- Coordinate with the Company’s main Human Resources Department
- Implement Company-wide HR and Safety policies, procedures, and practices at mill level
- Audit, monitor, and implement Company HR and Safety policies, conduct investigations, and maintain records
- Maintain an understanding of, and ensure compliance with, State and Federal employment laws and Company Policy
- Responsible for Workers’ Compensation functions, including attend worker’s compensation appointments and working with medical staff and injured employees
- Drive safety excellence, promote crew involvement and accountability, and proactively eliminate hazards
- Implement programs that educate, engage, and motivate crew members
- Preference given to applicants with 2 years HR-specific experience or educational equivalent
- Have knowledge of Federal and State employment laws
- Proven ability to work independently, discretely, and handle confidential information
- Ability to analyze problems and make decisions with minimal management intervention
- Ability to establish the position as a resource and partner with management
- Skill in leadership, communication, motivation, and people management
- Proficient in Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Publisher)
- Possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
Why Join Our Team? We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance.
In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, we give an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
How To Apply If you are qualified and would like to apply, please send a cover letter referencing this position and a resume to:
Sierra Pacific Industries
Attn: Paul Niemer
PO Box 496011
Redding, CA 96049