The Manager, EHS – Machinary Safety will support the effort in bringing World Class EHS to The Wonderful Company by providing innovative EHS programs specficslly in the areas of Machine Guarding, Lockout / Tagout & Electrcial Safety.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Provide technical expertise in the area of EHS that support our Machinary Safety initaitives such as Lockout / Tagout, Machine Guarding, Electrical Safety by provide consultation and technical assistance to multiple companies and locations.
- Trains, mentors, and coach’s business partners as well as monitoring site practices and conditions.
- Support the development, communication, implementation of the Safety Culture Change Process for The Wonderful Company.
- Provide guidance, training and mentorship to ensure the professional development of internal resources.
- Interfaces with regulatory agencies and outside vendors as necessary to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Track and provide insight into common issues, trends, problems, and opportunities to reduce incidents.
- Identifies and implements best practices within EHS.
- Participates on internal assessment team; assist operations in addressing assessment recommendations.
- Maintain knowledge of all applicable corporate, federal, state and local regulatory requirements.
- Remain informed on developing regulatory requirements, particularly on a state and local level; identify potential impact to The Wonderful Company and its companies.
- Review internal EHS policies and practices to ensure they are current and appropriate.
Requirements and Minimum Education Level:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Safety, Engineering or related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant EH&S experience managing multiple locations
- Extensive experience in the development and implementation of Electrical Safety, Machine Guarding and Lockout Tagout Programs.
- Thorough knowledge EH&S Safety Management Systems such as OHSAS 18001, OSHA’s VPP, ISO 14000, ANSI B11, NFPA 70E and their implementation.
- Has previous experience in developing and assessing companies against a EH&S Management Systems.
- Demonstrate leadership and interpersonal skills along with ability to influence and/or persuade others.
- Ability to understand and interpret written material, including technical information, rules, regulations, agency rules, executive orders and laws; conduct tests and inspect work areas, machinery, equipment and working conditions for compliance with occupational safety, environmental and security regulations.
- Requires the ability to wear personal protective equipment (PPE); meet physical demands of position such as walking, standing, lifting up to 40 pounds, climbing ladders and stairs, bending, squatting, and crawling in tight spaces to safely access work sites.
- Requires a sound knowledge of relevant federal regulations for industry: OSHA, EPS, DOT, NFPA, etc.
- Excellent problem solving techniques and quantitative analytical skills.
- Ability to travel approximately 30%
Desirable Qualifications Experience:
- Designation as a Certified Safety Professional (CSP) by the Board of Certified Safety Professionals, Certified Safety & Health Manager (CSHM), by the Institute of Safety & Health Management, NFPA Certified Electrical Safety Compliance Professional (CESCP) Certified Machinery Safety Expert (CMSE) or possession of other applicable certification.
- Mehanical or Electrical Engineering expereince
- Project Management skills
- Demonstrated ability to be able to communicate at all levels of organization.
- Facilitative management skills
- Bi-Lingual (English/Spanish)
- Requires leadership and interpersonal skills necessary to be effective with a wide range of personnel; ability to work effectively in teams and independently.
- Requires a working knowledge of budget preparation and management.
- Must have excellent organizational, verbal and written communications skills.