STRONG HISTORY. EXCITING FUTURE.
Bolthouse Farms is a farm located in California’s fertile San Joaquin Valley, known for high-quality consumer brands and innovative products. Bolthouse Farms is a market share leader in growing and distributing carrots. In addition, Bolthouse Farms produces and sells super-premium juices, smoothies, protein shakes and café beverages under the Bolthouse Farms® brand name. In recent years, Bolthouse Farms diversified its offerings by launching a line of premium refrigerated yogurt dressings and extra virgin olive oil vinaigrettes. The Bolthouse Farms mission is to change the way people consume healthy foods and beverages. The company was acquired by Campbell Soup Company on Aug. 6, 2012. To learn more about the company’s mission and see the entire line of current products, visit www.bolthouse.com.
Join the company that was named a top food innovator by Fast Company Magazine!
The primary function of this position is to perform a variety of supervisory, administrative, training and auditing tasks to identify and mitigate potential workplace hazards. This position will be responsible for leading the Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S) processes at Bolthouse Farms while partnering with the production/management teams to understand business needs and objectives. This position will be integral part of the EH&S team with a focus on specific departmental safety metrics.
- Oversee safety aspects for production, packaging, supply, warehouse, farm, construction and maintenance work to determine acceptability and conformance to safety standards
- Conduct department safety performance audits, new employee orientations, safety assessments/checks on equipment throughout various departments
- Coordinate/facilitate required safety training & drills
- Assist departments with all accident / incident / injury / illness investigations, provide support; assist with health & safety investigations
- Attend monthly supervisors safety meetings, develop safety plans from templates such as IIPP and EAP, responsible for understanding, researching and explaining OSHA and CalOSHA standards and the internal communication of news and events as it relates to OSHA and CalOSHA, stay up to date on new OSHA regulations and case law, as well as key HR laws
- Coordinate, maintain and update department safety rules booklets and conduct PPE assessments when necessary
- Train, monitor and evaluate (behavior based observation) employees performing the various tasks and duties of their position
- Monitor supplies and equipment used in the production, packaging, supply, warehouse, farm, construction and maintenance systems and other departmental facilities to insure that all aspects of the systems are functioning properly
- Submit requisitions for safety supplies / PPE, maintain records relating to personnel, equipment, supplies and complete reports
- Insure that all necessary safety materials, supplies and equipment are available by maintaining an inventory of equipment and materials
- Monitor/Implement safety plans, programs, and procedures within departments.
- Provide day to day phone and email support to assigned areas, maintain all written records for reporting, analysis and decision-making, also keep up to date on new regulations and policy changes
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experience in implementing safety programs in manufacturing.
- Knowledge of the Incident Command System and CA health & safety regulations is preferred.
- Must be proficient in MS Office, E-Mail and Internet functions.
- Ability to guide, direct and motivate employees and organize and supervise various safety training activities.
- Must communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, establish and maintain effective relationships with employees / departments
- Bachelor’s Degree Safety / Environmental / Safety Science / Engineering or related areas of education
- Must have 2+years in a health and safety role, OSHA experience, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- OSHA 10 Certificate and Bilingual (Spanish /English) desirable
- Valid California Driver License
- Must be able to climb, bend and stretch
- Exposure to extreme heat and cold storage environment
- Prolonged standing and walking
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
HOURS & WORKDAYS:
2nd shift, Monday through Friday, when business requires overtime and weekends will be mandatory
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.
Claudia E. Melgar, Sr. Talent Aquisition Specialist