Want to recognize someone having a significant impact in your organization – nominate them.
2018 Bakersfield Chapter SPY Recipient – Ron Nunley CSP, CIH
2018 Bakersfield Chapter Rising Star Recipient – Heath Taylor CSP
2018 Frank Rosenlieb Dedicated Service to ASSE Recipient – Mark Ruder CSP
2018 Bakersfield Chapter Scholarship Recipients
Aaron Aragon- Recipient of $5,000 scholarship
California State University, Bakersfield
BS Degree: Environmental Resource Management with a concentration in Occupational Safety and Health Management
- Recipient of the National Leadership Award from the Military Order of the Purple Heart
- Recipient of the Outstanding Leadership Award from Golden Empire Drum and Bugle Corps
- Student Manager of Marketing, CSUB Student Recreation Center
- Project manager of the CSUB Division of Student Affairs Runner Nights Marketing Team
- Student Conductor and Leader of the CSUB Pep Band
Chad San Juan- Recipient of $2,500 scholarship
California State University of Dominguez Hills
Master Program: Quality Assurance: Manufacturing Option. Most of my projects focused on applying principals from quality assurance to environmental, health and safety.
- Obtained Registered Environmental Health Specialist (REHS) designation in March 2014.
- Obtained Associate Safety Professional (ASP) designation in November 2015.
- Obtained Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM) designation October 2017.
- Obtained Certified Safety Professional (CSP) designation January 2018.
Michael Crow- Recipient of $2,500 Scholarship|
Columbia Southern University
Bachelors of Science in Occupational Safety & Health
- Began working in Occupational Safety & Health in 2001.
- Graduated with an Associates of Arts from Ventura College in 2001.
- Completed Cal-State University Bakersfield’s Safety and Risk Management Program 2006.
- Member of the American Society Of Safety Engineers Bakersfield Chapter since 2007
- Obtained Occupational Safety and Health Technologist from The Board of Certified Safety Professionals 2008
- Planning on obtaining Certified Safety Professionals from the Board of Certified Safety Professionals 2019.
- Currently studying full time, volunteering on the Montague Fire Department’s fire and rescue squad, and devoted dad to three amazing kids that make him and their mother proud.
Terry Ellis – 25 Year Member Award Recipient
Fred Hrenchir Recognized for his 25 years as a Member of ASSE
Left to right: Daniel Bustos (Awards & Honors Chair), Fred Hrenchir (Treasurer), and Michael Garcia (President)
Tina Harmon-Carmona with Aera Energy LLC Receives
Bakersfield Chapter Safety Employee Award at August Chapter Meeting
Left to right, Michael Garcia,Tina Harmon-Carmona, Daniel Bustos (Awards & Honors Chair)
Kay Coodey with Aera Energy Receives Recognition from Bakersfield Chapter of ASSE
Kay received recognition from the Bakersfield Chapter of ASSE at the 3/1/17 monthly chapter meeting.
Kay and her manager Joanne Christensen were treated to a free breakfast at Hodels!
During the Awards and Honors report, the description of Kay’s contribution to safety, over and above her regular duties was read to the audience and Kay received the attached certificate from Michael Garcia, Chapter President Elect.
Kay also received a $50 cash award from the chapter as the final part of the process.
Bruce Asaro – 25 Year Member Award Recipient
Left to right, Michael Garcia (President Elect), Bruce Asaro – 25 Year Member award recipient,
Daniel Bustos (Awards & Honors Chair)
Successful Completion of Safety Credential Testing
Bakersfield ASSE Safety Recognition
Bakersfield ASSE Safety Award – Frank Saltio
Twenty Five Years of Service – Steve Hoffman
Twenty Five Years of Service – Ben Laverty III
ASSE Safety Award – Joseph Simmons
Safe Employee Award
The Bakersfield chapter of ASSE awards employees who make a difference in safety.
Debra Swen Receives the Safe Employee Award
Debra Swen receiving the Safe Employee Award at the March 5, 2014 chapter meeting from Chris Vochoska. Debra is with Aera Energy LLC. Her Manager, Stan Gomes is pictured on the right.
As an administrative assistant to the Chief Information Officer (CIO) of Aera Energy LLC, Debra had a significant impact on safety by becoming a 40 hour medical trained first responder,
a certified Smith System Driving Instructor and a certified Safety In Motion (SIM) instructor.
She volunteered her skill in each of these capacities, even though it was not required as part of her (non-EHS) role in the organization.
Randy’s Trucking Employees Receive Safety Awards
We awarded employees of Randy’s Trucking for their roles in helping at a traffic incident.
Chris Vochoska Presents Check to the ASSE Foundation
Bakersfield Chapter representative Chris Vochoska presented a check to the ASSE Foundation at the House of Delegates meeting on June 24, 2013.
Mike Handschumacher Celebrates 25 Years
Congratulations to Mike Handschumacher, CSP with Processes Unlimited, for recently celebrating 25 Years as a Member of the American Society of Safety Engineers (ASSE)!