This position is responsible for leading Company-wide safety initiatives, and executing the Company’s safety program for the area of responsibility. This position is responsible for developing and executing a comprehensive safety program ensuring compliance with all local, state and federal regulations.
The Manager will be a subject matter expert in employee safety as well as have OSHA, and Cal/OSHA compliance experience and be highly skilled at implementing processes that will lead to sustained performance improvements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
All Matters listed herein are considered to be essential job functions. There may be other job functions which are essential, but are not listed below.
- Responsible for modeling the Company’s Guiding Principles and Values.
- Serve as designated safety leader, and implement consistent safety program. Responsible for teaching, mentoring and guiding the operations leadership teams to execute Company policy, identify best practices and implement those best practices. Provide leadership to drive continuous improvement in Health and Safety performance, while assuring comprehensive operational compliance.
- Implement and oversee safety improvement initiatives, through partnering managers and supervisors. Develop metrics and reports to measure safety performance and opportunities to develop safety policies. Measure sites performance against published requirements in safety policies.
- Ensure compliance with: OSHA and Cal/OSHA standards and regulations; state and local food safety guidelines; Company safety standards including the Process Safety Management Program, Waste Water Discharge Program, Fail Prevention Control Countermeasure and Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan.
- Partner with site managers to manage and monitor worker’s compensation. Oversee the investigation of industrial accidents, near-miss incidents, and occupational injuries to determine causes, install preventive measures, and manage return-to-work activities.
- Partner with site managers to ensure the proper training and coaching is conducted (including Safety Orientation) to insure Safety and Security standards and awareness are well understood throughout the organization.
- Ensure proper recordkeeping (i.e., OSHA Logs, Compliance Programs, Training Logs, etc.) is maintained.
- Partner with site managers to complete weekly and/or monthly safety audits and inspections, to include facility, machinery, safety equipment and personal protective equipment. Identify and drive resolution to compliance issues, safety risks and improvement opportunities.
- Train and develop the site teams to ensure a high level of operational support as it relates to safety. Build partnerships with operations teams to complete their Safety responsibilities and champion the safety program at all sites (audits, follow safety rules, and continuous improvement).
- Manage incident investigation and third party claims as it relates to personal property, product liability, and consumer complaints. Work closely with Poultry Risk Management and/or Legal Defense as needed.
- Ensure all appropriate risk assessments/abatements are conducted and follow-ups are implemented in a timely fashion.
- Attend and lead Safety Committee meetings.
- Model and enforce all safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Model and enforce all GMP’s, SOP’s, and SSOP’s at all times.
- Uses all personal protective equipment provided by the company in compliance with OSHA regulations.
- Performs any other assigned tasks.
Send resumes to Patdifuriaco@cs.com.